What is True Blessing?
Everyone wants to live a blessed life. We often plead to God, "Please bless me!" But what is really considered blessings from God? Is it success, fame or money?
Here are eight blessings that Jesus spoke of on the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:3-11). You will be suprised to see the difference between His blessings from the worldly ones.
1.Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
4. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
5. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
6. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
7. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
8. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
Do we consider it a blessing to own the kingdom of God, be comforted by God, inherit God's land, be satisfied with righteousness, see God, be called sons of God and be rewarded in heaven?
Even though you don't have a luxury car or house and a successful life, you are truly blessed as you are with Jesus Christ! Have the eyes to see that you are a blessed one in the eyes of God, and share your blessings with others!